Repository: The Historical Society of Montgomery County
Title: Records of the League of Women Voters of Upper Merion
Creator: League of Women Voters of Upper Merion
Dates: 1930 - 2002 (bulk 1960 - 1990)
Accession number: 2016.152
Extent: 3 linear feet, 4 linear inches
Administrative history note: The League of Women Voters was founded by members of the National American Woman Suffrage Association in 1920. The Upper Merion chapter began in 1930. In 1975 it merged with another chapter to form the League of Women Voters of the Valley Forge Area. That chapter closed in 2000.
Scope and content: This collection contains the papers of the League of Women Voters of Upper Merion. It contains annual voter guides created by the group, material relating to the League of Women Voters of Pennsylvania and the League of Women Voters of the United States. There are also administrative files, issue files, and annual files that contain newspaper clippings, minutes, and newsletters. There are also records from the League of Women Voters of the Valley Forge Area.
Arrangement: This collection is divided into six series:
Series A: Records from parent organizations
Series B: Voter guides and services
Series C: Administrative Records
Series D: Annual Files
Series E: Records of the League of Women Voters of the Valley Forge Area
Series F: Studies of Issues