- The Historical Society of Montgomery County collections contain Montgomery County Property Deed books from 1784 to 1890. Indexes are available on microfim.
- The Historical Society of Montgomery County collections also contains microfilms early Philadelphia Deed Books from ? to around 1800.
- Prior to 1784, Montgomery County was part of Philadelphia. Pre-1784 Deeds are available on-line via the Philadelphia Department of Records [HERE]
- The Montgomery County Recorder of Deeds Office has available information on deeds from 1784 to the present.
- The Recorder of Deeds Website provides free public access to Deeds recorded after 1971.
- The Recorder of Deeds Website provides paid access to Deeds recorded between 1784 and 1971.
- The Recorder of Deeds office provides access to their holdings and access to thier digital collections.
- There are several free programs and apps available on-line that can help you determine the historic boundaries of your property based upon the deed's description.
Would you like to have your Montgomery county house or property designated as a Historic Site by the Heritage Conservancy? Download the brochure HERE.
For more on-line resources on discovering the history of your house, try visiting this resource.