Harry E. Reiff (1924-) is a genealogist from Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. Reiff published a family genealogy titled The Reiffs in America in 1986. The Harry E. Reiff genealogy research files, 1897-1996, consist of genealogical research materials including correspondence, family data sheets, research notes, and a small amount of primary materials.
Harry E. Reiff (1924-), PhD, is a genealogist from Montgomery County, Pennsylvania and Trustee Emeriti of the Montgomery County Historical Society. Reiff married Helen L. White (1922-), and the couple had three children. Reiff published a family genealogy titled The Reiffs in America in 1986.
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of five boxes of research material compiled by Dr. Harry E. Reiff. Most of the collection is organized into alphabetical correspondence files with family data sheets and research notes in addition to letters. The research material also contains large format pedigree charts and a draft version of Dr. Reiff's The Reiffs in America.
The contents of the boxes are listed below.
- Box 1 contains 41 folders of genealogical notes, correspondence, reference books, printouts, pamphlets, and periodicals
- Box 2 contains 55 folders of genealogical notes on Reiff and related families
- Box 3 contains 137 folders of genealogical notes, correspondence, and other miscellaneous materials
- Box 4 contains loose genealogical materials, oversized pedigree charts, drafts of Reiffs in America and other miscellaneous materials
- Box 5 contains 62 folders of genealogical materials
A rough box-level inventory is available on-site.
Finding aid prepared by Celia Caust-Ellenbogen and Michael Gubicza through the Historical Society of Pennsylvania's Hidden Collections Initiative for Pennsylvania Small Archival Repositories.