The Exchange Club of Norristown was founded in 1938 as a civic organization focused on the betterment of the Norristown community. The Exchange Club of Norristown records, 1938-1985, contain administrative records, financial records, and scrapbooks.
The Exchange Club of Norristown, Pennsylvania, founded in 1938, was a civic group that worked to better the community of Norristown. Club projects included sponsoring Fire Prevention Week, distributing food baskets to needy families at Christmas, and rewarding high-achieving students with cash prizes.
Scope and Contents
The Exchange Club of Norristown records include administrative records, financial records, and scrapbooks of the organization. The administrative records include: correspondence, 1978-1985; minutes, 1950s-1970s; constitution; and by-laws. The financial records include: financial secretary reports, 1952-1955; financial record book, 1949; and dues book, 1938-1949. The scrapbooks date from 1938-1970, 1970-1975, and 1974-1975. The 1974-1975 scrapbook was compiled by William E. Moran.
Finding aid prepared by Celia Caust-Ellenbogen and Michael Gubicza through the Historical Society of Pennsylvania's Hidden Collections Initiative for Pennsylvania Small Archival Repositories.